I love travelling, and I always tend to take what’s necessary (and maybe few extra bits), well what I think it’s necessary. Here is my little guide.
The picture above, is my Boss case, which I use for makeup when travelling, I received it as a gift when I purchased boss orange perfume ages ago.
1. A moisturiser is a must , which I know everyone knows. I use the one by simple at the moment. I bought a small container from Primark where I put a bit of the product so I don’t take the whole thing. Also a good primer, it’s not absolute necessary but I seem to take it with me.
2. A lip balm! I’m not sure if it’s something to do with travelling, but lips tend to get dry. Currently I am loving Carmex, which I wear frequently.
3. A trusty base/foundation. I have used a lot of foundation brands, but Bourjois is my current favourite. Hydrating, looks natural, doesn’t dry out, and it’s amazing…for me, I have the shade vanilla from the range healthy mix serum. Take a foundation that you can rely on.
4. Sometimes I wear just a concealer when I don’t feel like putting anything else on and this tends to travel everywhere with me, it’s the Rimmel wake me up concealer in the lightest shade. I’m just too pale.
5. One mascara should be enough. My all time favourite is Lancôme hypnose which I’ve been raving about in my previous posts too.
6. A natural toned eyeshadow palette to create different looks, rather than taking single eyeshadows, or colourful/bright ones; keep on the safe side. As you guys know I absolutely love my L’oreal nude palette rose. Ten shades, can mix and match to create any look. While I was in France; in the day time I used lighter shades but went darker by night and my friends complimented me on it which made me happy. And also a regular black eye liner/pencil.
7. Red lipstick. A must in my books, I love red that’s not secret. Red lipstick is a necessary item for any makeup bag, it’s a classic and you never know when you might need it. A little tricky to apply, but I think best way to apply it is with a brush or you can just patiently do it straight from the tube without going Miranda Sings on it. The one I took was MAC ruby woo. Also a nude shade that compliments a skin tone is also useful to take and another lipstick. I usually take about 4, I tend to take lip liners too.
And of course, being a perfume addict this was a hard decision for me to just take only one perfume but in the end I settled on Miss Dior blooming bouquet and as soon as we arrived there I bought three more perfumes (oops).
Another little tip: travel as much as you can and whenever you can, every moment counts! Happy travelling.
Appley ever after